Took recipe from here and made changes of course (see my changes notes at the end.).
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1 (16-oz) French bread loaf
- 1 c milk
- Step #1 Cut bread loaf into about 10 (3/4-inch-thick) slices.
- Step #2 Spread butter evenly over one cut side of each bread slice.
- Step #3 Arrange bread, butter side up, in an ungreased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Step #4 Whisk together eggs & next 5 ingredients; pour over bread, pressing slices down.
- Step #5 Cover up & chill 8 hrs.
- Step #6 Remove bread slices from baking dish, & place on two lightly greased baking sheets.
- Step #7 Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 mins or until golden.
- Enjoy the Overnight Oven-Baked French Toast recipe
*I added lots of cinnamon and slices of banana on top before putting it into the oven. I think it made it way more flavorful!
*I also added some extra milk over any spots that looked dry before putting it in the oven.
*I also kept mine in the baking dish instead of putting it onto a pan. I didn't want more dishes. I would just cook it a little bit longer to make sure the eggs are cooked through.