Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fruit-Filled Coffee Cake

I took this recipe from this blog Delicious Dishes
I added about a 1/2 a tsp extra of cinnamon. I forgot that I didn't have powdered sugar so no frosting, but it still tasted great.


This recipe is another from the Kraft Food and Family Magazine. You can find it here. It was so simple and so tasty. Next time I’m going to try blueberry. Yum!

Fruit-Filled Coffee Cake

1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix (I tried this again with lemon cake mix - and it was amazing!)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup Breakstone’s or Knudsen Sour Cream
3 eggs
¼ cup water

1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling

½ cup Planters Sliced Almonds, toasted*
1 cup powdered sugar
1 ½ T milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat first 5 ingredients with mixer until well blended. Pour into greased and floured 13x9 pan; top with spoonfuls of pie filling.

Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; sprinkle with nuts. Cool 10 minutes.

Mix sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Cool completely.

Note: If glaze is too thick, add milk by teaspoonfuls until thin enough to drizzle.

* We did not use the almonds because the cake was for a lot of people and not everyone likes them.

No comments:

Help Please

If you would like to help add recipes to the blog and be an author, let me know.
If you have cool recipes that you would like to share, please let me know.

Just e-mail wardrecipes@yahoo.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails