PERSIMMON SALSA taken from Basket 411 (perfect site for those who participate in Bountiful Baskets on the west coast)
- 8 tomatilloes (I used 1 Roma Tomato)
- 4-5 persimmon
- 1 onion (I used sweet onion)
- garlic, fresh or garlic salt (or both!)
- 1/2 serrano pepper (these peppers are smaller than jalapenos but are much hotter. Add gradually. The 1/2 pepper was almost too much for my kiddos. But they still ate it!) (I didn't have - don't like spicy!)
- juice of 2 limes
- fresh cilantro
- Chop and dice it all up (or be lazy like me and throw it in the food processor!)
- Taste it and adjust any flavors spices as needed.
I just diced mine and also added one mango - mmm!
I really can't tell you though what persimmon (yuyu) tastes like on it's own. I wasn't brave enough. I had my toddler taste it; he kinda liked it (took a bite, spit it out, took another bite, etc.)