Sunday, November 21, 2010

Persimmon Salsa

PERSIMMON SALSA taken from Basket 411 (perfect site for those who participate in Bountiful Baskets on the west coast)
  • 8 tomatilloes (I used 1 Roma Tomato)
  • 4-5 persimmon
  • 1 onion (I used sweet onion)
  • garlic, fresh or garlic salt (or both!)
  • 1/2 serrano pepper (these peppers are smaller than jalapenos but are much hotter. Add gradually. The 1/2 pepper was almost too much for my kiddos. But they still ate it!) (I didn't have - don't like spicy!)
  • juice of 2 limes
  • fresh cilantro
  1. Chop and dice it all up (or be lazy like me and throw it in the food processor!)
  2. Taste it and adjust any flavors spices as needed. 
 
 
I just diced mine and also added one mango - mmm!
 
 
 
I really can't tell you though what persimmon (yuyu) tastes like on it's own. I wasn't brave enough. I had my toddler taste it; he kinda liked it (took a bite, spit it out, took another bite, etc.)
 

No comments:

Help Please

If you would like to help add recipes to the blog and be an author, let me know.
If you have cool recipes that you would like to share, please let me know.

Just e-mail wardrecipes@yahoo.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails