- 1 large onion, diced
- 1-2 cup baby carrots
- 1 rib celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3-4 potatoes cut in chunks (I didn't peel mine because I was too lazy)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 boneless chuck roast (about 3 pounds) (at Broulims and Albertsons any of the meats that says Pot Roast on them work)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 can beef broth (I only had one so I used a can of chicken broth as well)
- 1 can of water ( I used the beef broth can)
1. In 5- to 5 1/2-quart slow cooker, layer onion, carrots, potatoes, celery and garlic. Rub the roast all over with the 1 teaspoon olive oil; season the roast with the salt and pepper. Place the chuck roast on top.
2. Add in broth and water. (Again I added extra liquid because my slow cooker tends to get dry and crusty on the edges when there's not enough liquid. It turns into more of a soup than a stew though)
3. Cover slow cooker; cook on high heat for 6 hours.