Saturday, April 24, 2010

Overnight Oven-baked French Toast Recipe

I decided to make this because we forgot to eat our French Bread right away and it became all hard. Well this recipe made it soft again. Yummy!


Took recipe from here and made changes of course (see my changes notes at the end.).


Ingredients
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 c butter, softened
  • 1 (16-oz) French bread loaf
  • 1 c milk

Directions
  • Step #1 Cut bread loaf into about 10 (3/4-inch-thick) slices.
  • Step #2 Spread butter evenly over one cut side of each bread slice.
  • Step #3 Arrange bread, butter side up, in an ungreased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
  • Step #4 Whisk together eggs & next 5 ingredients; pour over bread, pressing slices down.
  • Step #5 Cover up & chill 8 hrs.
  • Step #6 Remove bread slices from baking dish, & place on two lightly greased baking sheets.
  • Step #7 Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 mins or until golden.
  • Enjoy the Overnight Oven-Baked French Toast recipe

*I added lots of cinnamon and slices of banana on top before putting it into the oven. I think it made it way more flavorful!
*I also added some extra milk over any spots that looked dry before putting it in the oven.
*I also kept mine in the baking dish instead of putting it onto a pan. I didn't want more dishes. I would just cook it a little bit longer to make sure the eggs are cooked through.


    No comments:

    Help Please

    If you would like to help add recipes to the blog and be an author, let me know.
    If you have cool recipes that you would like to share, please let me know.

    Just e-mail wardrecipes@yahoo.com
    Related Posts with Thumbnails