Saturday, May 29, 2010

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes

 Recipe from Pocket Full of Posies: Perfect Pocket Meal Planning.

Ingredients
  • 3 frozen chicken breasts
  • 2 lbs. red potatoes, chopped (I used regular potatoes)
  • 1/2 lb. small baby carrots (I just put in an amount that looked good)
  • 1 large onion, cut into eighths (I use sweet onion)
  • 2 C chicken broth
  • 1 C sour cream
  • 3 TBSP. flour
  • 1-2 TBSP. Nature's Seasons seasoning. (I used m favorite Omaha Steaks seasoning)

Directions:
  1. In crock pot stir together all ingredients EXCEPT sour cream and flour.
  2. Cook on low 10-12 hours or high 4-6 hours until chicken is tender.
  3. In small bowl stir together sour cream and flour.
  4. Stir into chicken mixture.
  5. Continue cooking, stir occassionally, until thickened 5-6 minutes.
  6. Season with Nature's Seasons.


My husband really liked this one; he's a little bit of a picky eater so that's impressive then. For me it was a little bland so I just seasoned my own more.

No comments:

Help Please

If you would like to help add recipes to the blog and be an author, let me know.
If you have cool recipes that you would like to share, please let me know.

Just e-mail wardrecipes@yahoo.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails