- 8 C. flour
- 3 C. water
- 2 TBSP yeast
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients and kneed (I always mix yeast, then water and then sugar to make sure yeast is still good - turns kinda foamy. Then I add in the rest of the ingredients).
- Roll out thin and place on well greased pizza pan. Fold up edges to make a crust.
- Bake in oven until lightly brown about 10 minutes. (Do not skip! otherwise your crust will be doughy in the middle).
- Then add desired toppings (I always just do 1/2 jar of Ragu veggie spaghetti sauce, 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni)
****Note - Doing it this way, the dough is very thick and hearty almost too much bread (see above pictures). I've halved the recipe or make 2 pizzas, and I like it a lot better - more normal amount of crust. But if you like a lot of bread, then try making 1 pizza out of the dough.
I'll post a picture of the pizza when I just use half the dough.