Saturday, May 29, 2010

Homemade Pizza

 Recipe from Pocket Full of Posies: Perfect Pocket Meal Planning.

Ingredients
  • 8 C. flour
  • 3 C. water
  • 2 TBSP yeast
  • 1/2 C. sugar
  • 1/2 C. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. salt

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. 
  • Mix all ingredients and kneed (I always mix yeast, then water and then sugar to make sure yeast is still good - turns kinda foamy. Then I add in the rest of the ingredients)
  • Roll out thin and place on well greased pizza pan. Fold up edges to make a crust.
  • Bake in oven until lightly brown about 10 minutes. (Do not skip! otherwise your crust will be doughy in the middle).
  • Then add desired toppings (I always just do 1/2 jar of Ragu veggie spaghetti sauce, 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni) 



****Note - Doing it this way, the dough is very thick and hearty almost too much bread (see above pictures). I've halved the recipe or make 2 pizzas, and I like it a lot better - more normal amount of crust.  But if you like a lot of bread, then try making 1 pizza out of the dough.
I'll post a picture of the pizza when I just use half the dough.

No comments:

Help Please

If you would like to help add recipes to the blog and be an author, let me know.
If you have cool recipes that you would like to share, please let me know.

Just e-mail wardrecipes@yahoo.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails