- 2 packages of crescent rolls
- 1 lb. 93% ground beef (best)
- 1 1/2 Cup grated cheese
- ½ package of Taco Seasoning (No water!)
Desired taco ingredients from below
- 2 tomatoes
- Head of lettuce
- Sour cream
- 1 small onion
- Cook ground beef. Add half of grated cheese and taco seasoning.
- Create taco ring with crescent rolls. Smush down the center where the two ends of the crescent rolls meet or use a small rolling pin.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or ¼ measuring cup add little mounds of meat to where the ends of the crescent rolls meet.
- Fold over the ends of each crescent roll over the meat.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes to a darker golden brown. Best cooked on a large round piece of stoneware.
- Decorate by putting rest of the ingredients in the middle.
- Serve taco ring with taco ingredients on top.
VARIATIONS on Fillings
Reuben: corned beef, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, Swiss cheese
Breakfast: cooked eggs, cheese and bacon
Pizza: pepperoni and cheese
Possibilities are endless; be creative with the filling
VARIATIONS on Dough
If you don't want to do a ring, you can use bread biscuit dough (Flaky Layers works best, separate each one in half) or french bread dough. With these you can just create a rectangle.
Contact Maryanne Nelson if you have questions. I'll even come over and help you.